Your backside is usually a point of fascination for the opposite sex and most likely, you have your your share of self-examination in a new pair of jeans. It is practically a worldwide activity and if you need to attract, you need to develop well-rounded buttocks by having a good set of glute exercises. There is such a great demand for glute exercises and moves that entire magazines have been dedicated to them. Glute moves are what everyone is crying out for. The gluteus maximus or glutes for short is the bum muscle. It is also the largest muscle in the body. Everyone wants a ‘toned’ bum but not many people know really how to work the glues. What moves are readily available for improving your glutes?
Forget about your long cardio workouts because they don’t do too much for muscle growth. Intensity and resistance are what makes the muscles grow. Brisk walking on a treadmill with incline to add some resistance is a great way to work out your butt muscles. If running on a treadmill has been your classic cardio workout then you can modify it with high intensity interval training.
Instead of light running for 30-60 minutes, you have to run in intervals that range from 5-10 minutes of jogging, and sprinting from 30-60 seconds. After sprinting slow down to a walking speed and slowly boost your intensity until you reach sprinting speed again.
Exercises to Improve Your Glutes
- Glute Kickback – This is a good starting place for glute exercise and you’re able to do utilizing solely your body weight.
- Sideway Squats – This is a variance of the squat which I find effective during my workouts. What you do is stand with both feet close together, take a big step to the right with your right leg and squat down, bending both knees together. As you rise, bring your left foot over to stand next to your right. Repeat the exercise but this time take a big step to your left with that leg. You can hold a dumbbell in both hands at the front of your body to add resistance to this exercise.
- Swiss Ball Squats – This sort of squat is carried out with a Swiss ball against your back and against the wall. As you squat the Swiss ball will roll down with you against the wall. This is also a wonderful variation if you are a beginner.
- Flutter Kicks – Favored by females since it involves no weight lifting, this kind of activity is a fantastic way to start building your glutes. You’ll find it an excellent option for beginners as you only work with your weight however that is no reason to underestimate it. The major muscles usually tend to fatigue very quickly therefore you will end up in sweats if you execute a couple of sets!
- Backward lunges – This is an outstanding lower body exercise and it works your legs completely, not just your glutes. To do a backward lunge, all you need to do is to stand straight with both feet close together, take a step back with one leg and bend your front knee to a 90 degree angle. Your body should remain upright so you descend toward the ground with your back straight and eyes looking forward. You can keep your arms straight at your side, or place them on your hips.
Add in glute moves to your workout program 2 to 3 times a week for best results. Make sure that you adapt your nutrition with your muscle growth plan.
Your body needs food and calories so it can grow and low calorie diet will only have negative effect, and your muscles will start shrinking. The key to creating a backside you can be proud to show-off is consistency. You probably won’t create an award-winning butt in a week, but with consistent effort and determination, you should see some fantastic results within a month or two.
For more articles go to http://assuredlease.lifestyleezine.com